Have you been wondering why you should use YouTube to host your videos? Would you like to learn how to embed YouTube video into your WordPress blog or website?
This video was inspired by questions we have received from several of our readers. Those questions include how to utilize YouTube to upload videos and how to embed them into your blog or website.
Four reasons why to use YouTube to host your video blogs:
- User friendliness
- SEO Benefits
Below are the tutorials on how to upload and embed your YouTube videos.
How to Upload Your Video to YouTube
- Go to YouTube.com and sign in
- Click the Upload on the upper right side
- Click Select Files to Upload and Select your video
- Wait for your video to upload
- Use the video manager to edit and select your thumbnail picture
How to Embed Your YouTube video onto your website or blog
- Go to the video that you would like to embed on YouTube and click the Share link under the video.
- Click the Embed link.
- Uncheck the box “Show Suggested videos when the video finishes.”
- Copy the HTML code provided in the box.
- Paste the code into the HTML of your blog or website.
How to Stop the Mosaic At The End Of A YouTube Video
To stop the mosaic of photos showing at the end of your embedded YouTube video:
- Option One: Before you copy the HTML from YouTube, be sure to uncheck the box “Show Suggested videos when the video finishes.”
- Option Two: If you have a video already embedded, add the following to the URL in the HTML code:
For example, the code to the YouTube video above is: https://www.youtube.com/embed/sHUw4vHqK_Y. Simply add the “?rel=0” at the end of the URL in the text editor so that it looks similar to: https://www.youtube.com/embed/sHUw4vHqK_Y?rel=0
If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the comment section below and I look forward to reading them.