How far out do you plan your blog articles?
Hi everyone! My name is Christine King and I’m a staff writer with R & R Web Design LLC. Every Tuesday, we publish blogging tips and tricks to make your life as a blogger easier.
This is the fourth video blog since we started our video blogging series that we’ve been publishing at the end of each month and what an adventure it has been.
Doing this series is teaching us a lot and we are gathering data that later we plan to published. Our goal with this data is to help you to determine whether or not video blogging is for you.
For today’s video blog I have a question for you.
I would like to know if you use a blog editorial calendar. An editorial calendar is a listing of planned articles, ideas and themes. There are a lot of benefits to using an editorial calendar.
Benefits to Using a Blog Editorial Calendar
- Saving time by already having your articles planned out.
- If you are interested in adding advertisers or already have them, advertisers really like to know what your topics your writing about so they can plan their advertisements.
- I have personally found that it saves on stress. When I have my article planned, even if it’s only for the week, I head into the week so much less stressed.
Blog Editorial Calendar Cons
There are also some cons of blog editorial calendars like,
- They can feel restricting.
- Life happens. One particular blog I ghost write for, we do a lot of breaking news article. If I write too far out the story could completely change by the time we publish it.
So, my question is, in reality how does it work for you?
I would like to hear what you think. Please let me know:
- Do you use a blog editorial calendar?
- If you do, how far out do you plan out your articles?
- Have you found using an editorial calendar to be helpful?
Please let me know your thoughts in the comment section on our blog or any other of the social media platforms. I look forward to hearing all of your responses.