Would you love to make your life as a blogger a little easier?
Personally, I am all about saving time, money, and finding easier ways to do things. That includes blogging. Now that I have been blogging and ghost writing for a few years, it won’t be too long before I hit 1000 articles published. The exciting news is that I have uncovered some great blogging cheats that you will want to know.
Today, I’m sharing the best with you.
Let me clarify. When I say cheats, what I mean is faster, easier, and reliable ways of doing stuff. These are not just tips; rather, these are tips that will make your life easier.
Top 10 Blogging Cheats
- Proofread with Hemingway. Use Hemingway Editor to help proofread your articles.
- Proofread Backwards. Proofread articles backwards to help catch those annoying typos.
- Analyze Your Titles. See how your headlines are stacking up at Advanced Marketing Institute.
- Use an editorial calendar to help get you organized. Visit Peg Fitzpatrick’s How to Get Organized with an Editorial Calendar – it’s Easier than you think, to get started now.
- Craft an Amazing Call to Action. Get your readers to do something at the end of your blog posts by including a stellar call to action. For a helpful list visit Brook Ballard’s 20 Of the Best Calls to Action.
- Be yourself. It is much easier to write articles when you are writing in your voice and being true to what you actually think.
- Read. Read books, blog articles, fiction, nonfiction; read books for fun, read books to learn something, read the greats and read the not-so-great. Staying well read will show up in your writing. But that’s not all. Check out what Lifehack has to say will happen when you start to read more at: When You Start To Read More, These 10 Things Will Happen.
- Publish your articles on a day and at a time when they will get seen. To find out that absolute best day to publish a blog article, please read Absolute Best Day of the Week to Publish a Blog Article.
- Revamp or repurpose your own content. You don’t always have to start from scratch. Simply revamp or repurpose. Please check out, How to Revamp Your Content with Style, to find out how to do it.
- Have Fun. Find ways to make writing blog articles fun. My yoga teacher always says you are not going to continue to work out if you aren’t enjoying yourself. Have fun because time flies when you are having fun.
The Great Debate
My husband and I often have this debate. My goal is usually efficiency. His goal is getting it done right the first time. It’s a debate because sometimes we agree on how to do things and sometimes we don’t.
On occasion, my life cheats get things done faster. However, more often that I would care to admit, his slow and precise way of doing things wins not only in quality, but also in time.
While all these blogging cheats really have saved me time, I have one more cheat for you that may cost you time, but will ensure your articles are flawless.
The Best Blogging Cheat
The best blogging cheat that I can offer is before you hit publish, ask yourself if you are proud of this piece of writing?
If the answer is yes – publish that baby. If the answer is anything but a solid yes, take the extra time to go back and change what needs to be changed. Don’t publish shabby content to save time.
Bringing it Home
Use the above cheats to create a piece of writing that you can truly be proud of and communicates exactly what you want it to. Save time when you can, but take the time you need to ensure your article is flawless.
Which is your favorite blogging cheat? Do you have any cheats to add?